Brunch your heart out at home.
Whats up with the whats up?
I made up an awesome open faced sammie a few weeks ago.
I don't mean to toot my own horn,
but it was f*cking awesome.
'Scuse the French.
If you read regularly, you know that I have been on a brunch hunt (it's not a very aggressive, hunt. More like a lazy meandering) but non the less, I am after brunch.
For my reasons why, you can check out this post.
But first, keep reading the rest of this post so you can learnt how to make this totally rad sammie.
So here's what ya need:
1 bag french fingerling potatoes
Bagel thins or the like (I used Thomas's)
1 package smoked salmon
arugula (just a few handfuls will do)
like 1/4 a red onion- thinly sliced.
1 tomato- sliced
eggs (one for each sam)
salt n pep (I used garlic sea salt and garlic peppercorns)
And here's what ya do:
1. Clean and quarter your taters length wise. (you can see from the photo that some of them I only halved, or even kept whole depending on the size. If you keep any whole, be sure to poke a little hole so they cook at the same speed as your cut up ones)
2. Drizzle potatoes with EVOO or your favorite oil, roughly chop some garlic and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a generous amount of chili powder (you judge). Toss to coat.
3. Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake on 425 for approx. 30 minutes. Agitate at about 15 minutes. (If you are after brown crispiness, turn on your broiler for the last 5 minutes)
4. Toast bagel thins
5. Smother with cream cheese
6. Layer on the rest of your ingredients. I did: salmon, arugula, red onion, tomato.
7. Cook eggs in a non stick skillet- sunny side up.
8.Top your sammies with egg. And serve with a side of your roasted chili potatoes.
**Option- sprinkle these with a little balsamic vinegar. I meant to, but forgot! It will be an explosion of goodness in yo mouth.
Clean your plate good.