What's great about revisiting a favorite meal is that it becomes incredibly cheap to make when you just know that you have all the sauces and spices on hand already. Plus, you guys know I love anything with shrimp in it.
Thai-Chili Shrimp and Broccoli Bowl
Here's what ya need:
2 Tbsp of sweet chili sauce
2 tsp of hot chili paste (more or less to taste)
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil plus some for the wok (Step 2)
Zest and Juice of 1 lime
1/4 bunch cilantro- roughly chopped, divided
1/2 tsp thai sweet and spicy seasoning such as Simply Asia's Sweet & Spicy Saigon
1 dried hot thai chili pepper- crushed.
2-3 stalks of green onion, thinly sliced (White and very light green parts only)
1-2 large broccoli crowns- cut
1 lb of shrimp- 25-30 count. Peeled and deveined.
4 c. cooked brown rice
And here's what ya do:
1. In a bowl large enough to hold your shrimp, combine the first 8 ingredients. Only use half of your cilantro though. Add your shrimp and toss to combine. Cover and let rest in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
2. Heat a drizzle of sesame oil in a large pan or wok (recommended). Using a slotted spoon, scoop shrimp into the wok leaving the sauce behind. Set aside sauce for later use. Stir fry shrimp until almost cooked. About 5-6 minutes on high heat with constant agitation. Remove to a clean plate and set aside.
3. Add the remaining sauce and bring to a rolling simmer. Add broccoli, toss to coat, and stir fry to al dente.
4. Add shrimp back to the wok. Stir in about half of the green onions. Toss everything and continue cooking about 2 minutes.
5. Divide shrimp and broccoli into bowls over brown rice and top with remaining green onion and cilantro. Enjoy!
So there you have it. Simple. Spicy. Sassy. Etc.
Here are some more posts about shrimp you may like:
I posted about a quick shrimp stir fry here
And a lemony shrimp pasta here
And here is a pasta salad for summer
And we all remember this fusion for cold nights.